State pensioners may have to pay tax on their sum – check if you’re affected

The Government-backed website MoneyHelper has urged people to check they have paid the right amount of tax each year.

This is particularly the case if a person has a change in circumstances – such as retiring, or starting to draw a pension.

The website added: “If you don’t have other sources of income, such as other pensions or income from a job, and you started getting your state pension before April 6, 2016, you’ll have to complete a Self Assessment tax return each year if you owe any tax.”

This tax will then need to be paid directly to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

Share this news on your Fb,Twitter and Whatsapp

File source

NY Press News:Latest News Headlines
NY Press News||Health||New York||USA News||Technology||World News

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button