Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl return players to the Sinnoh region where they can get baby versions of many fan-favorite Pokémon.
Players can unlock the baby forms of many fan-favorite Pokémon in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl‘s Sinnoh region. Baby Pokémon have a unique place in the Pokémon world as the daintier creatures in the series. While they aren’t the strongest members of a team by any means, many of them evolve into powerful Pokémon like Snorlax or Togekiss.
Mechanically, one of the features that make baby Pokémon stand out in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl is that they cannot be bred. Breeding Pokémon in the Diamond and Pearl nursery often involves leaving two members of the same egg group in the nursery, or a single species of Pokémon with a Ditto. Baby Pokémon, however, are in their own unbreedable egg group and must be caught in the wild or hatched from an egg. In some cases, baby Pokémon will only hatch from eggs if one of their parents is holding a specific item, like an Incense.
Many of the baby Pokémon available in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl can be caught, received, or hatched before players beat the game. However, a few baby Pokémon are only available once players complete their Sinnoh Pokédex and receive the National Dex in Pokémon BDSP. Additionally, there are a few baby Pokémon that can learn more or different egg moves when hatched than their parents can. For example, a Munchlax can only be hatched from an egg when a Snorlax is bred while holding a Full Incense. If one of the parents knows Zen Headbutt, Munchlax can learn Zen Headbutt as an egg move. Conversely, if a bred Snorlax isn’t holding the Full Incense, then a Snorlax will hatch. While Snorlax cannot learn Zen Headbutt as an egg move, it can learn Power-Up Punch, an egg move unavailable to Munchlax.
All Baby Pokémon In Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
For any baby Pokémon that can be caught in the wild in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, be sure to look at their habitat in the Pokédex to reveal their location. These are all the baby Pokémon in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl and how they can be obtained:
- Munchlax: Catch Munchlax in the Pokémon BDSP Grand Underground Spacious Cave, or breed a Snorlax holding a Full Incense
- Pichu: Catch in the Trophy Garden, or breed Pikachu/Raichu
- Cleffa: Catch in Mount Coronet or in the Trophy Garden, or breed Clefairy/Clefable
- Igglybuff: Catch in the Trophy Garden, or breed Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
- Elekid: Catch in the Brilliant Diamond Grand Underground Dazzling Cave, or breed Electabuzz/Electivire
- Magby: Catch in the Shining Pearl Grand Underground Sandsear, Typhlo, and Volcani caves, or breed Magmar/Magmortar
- Happiny: Receive an egg from the Hearthome City Hiker, catch in the Trophy Garden, or breed Chansey/Blissey holding a Luck Incense
- Mr. Junior: Catch in Brilliant Diamond, or breed a Mr. Mime holding an Odd Incense
- Bonsly: Catch in Shining Pearl, or breed a Sudowoodo holding a Rock Incense
- Budew: Catch in the wild, or breed a Roselia/Roserade holding a Rose Incense
- Chingling: Catch in the wild, or breed a Chimecho holding a Pure Incense
- Togepi: Catch Togepi in the Pokémon BDSP Grand Underground Dazzling and Fountainspring Caves, or breed a Togetic/Togekiss
- Smoochum: Catch in the Grand Underground Dazzling Cave, or breed a Jynx with a Ditto
- Riolu: Get an egg from Riley on Iron Island, or breed Lucario
- Wynaut: Breed a Wobbuffet holding a Lax Incense
- Tyrogue: Catch in the Grand Underground, or breed a Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee/Hitmontop with a Ditto
- Azurill: Catch in the Great Marsh or in the Trophy Garden, or breed a Marill/Azumarill holding a Sea Incense
- Mantyke: Catch in the wild or in the Grand Underground, or breed a Mantine holding a Wave Incense
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are available for Nintendo Switch.
Pokémon BDSP Forces Player To Abandon Glameow
About The Author