COVID-19 numbers to watch in Middlesex-London
- New COVID-19 cases since yesterday: 7
- New deaths since yesterday: 0
- Number of active cases: 53
- Number of newly confirmed delta variant cases: 3
- People being treated in hospital: 5 or fewer
- Number of people with first vaccine dose: 79 per cent (Updated July 17)
- Number of people with second vaccine dose: 56.6 per cent (Updated July 17)
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has announced changes to the operating hours for the region’s four mass vaccination centres, rolling them back as vaccination efforts surged in the past weeks.
The North London Optimist Community Centre clinic will be closed for the Civic Holiday weekend and reopen on Aug. 3 with the hours 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Tuesday to Saturday.
The Earl Nichols Recreation Centre clinic will also be closed for the long weekend, reopening on Aug. 3 with the hours 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday to Friday.
The clinic at the Caradoc Community Centre in Mount Brydges will continue to operate seven days a week until Aug. 14. They’re closing the facility for two days, then reopening on Aug. 17 with new hours of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Tuesday to Saturday.
The Western Fair District Agriplex clinic will continue to run from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
No appointments are required for COVID-19 vaccinations for anyone 12 or older for first or second doses at mass vaccination sites. For more information on vaccinations and locations, visit the health unit’s website here.
COVID-19 numbers to watch outside of London
- Number of active cases in Huron Perth: 13
- Number of new cases in Huron Perth: 2
- Number of active cases in Southwestern region: 17
- Number of new cases in Southwestern region: 0
- Number of active cases in Grey Bruce: 178
- Number of new cases in Grey Bruce: 2