A MUM has revealed the horror bug-ridden accommodation where she lives with her kids after their landlord kicked them out.
Sarah and Mohammed have three young kids and are sleeping on the floor of a cramped hotel room infested with bugs and in a shocking state.
The family-of-five are having to hang towels on the windows as makeshift curtains, wash dirty dishes in the bath and make do with pillows as a mattress in their toddler’s travel cot.
A bunk bed can be seen crammed into the room alongside a bed with exposed broken slats and a stained mattress on the floor, reports Birmingham Live.
And Sarah claims that there are nails protruding from the broken bed as well as bed bugs who “bite the children” in the nightmare accomodation.
The couple, whose kids are aged one, seven and 12, were made homeless when the landlord of their private rented home in Hodge Hill told them he needed the property back.
But now as rents soared to around £900, the mum said they have been forced to live in the temporary accommodation.
And the struggling family were already “left with nothing” when paying the £800 rent per month, even though £650 was subsided by Birmingham City Council.
The authority has since apologised for the “distress” and vowed to look at other options to accommodate the family.
Sharing video from inside the hotel, the mum said: “It’s totally wrong. I can’t even breathe in here.
“Since last week I am homeless with my three kids and partner. Last week we had our landlord come into the private rented house as the two month notice had expired, he asked us for the keys.
“The council put us into a hotel. The first day when we came here the bed was broken, there were no curtains and no lighting in the room. There was only one double bed for the five of us.”
Sarah initially had to send the kids to Walsall to live with extended family while arrangements for more beds were made.
But the room was still a disaster for the family as they returned to a dark room where a cot and bunk bed were crammed in.
Sarah said that there was no mattress in the cot and she had to put three pillows down for her youngest child.
She added that her kids are going to school itchy due to the bed bug bites and the double bed has “fallen apart and has nails hanging off it”,
Her children have been struggling to sleep as they are now all in one room alongside the one-year-old who often wakes up.
They have been unable to go to school as a result, the mum claims. With no cooking facilities either, the family have been surviving off sandwiches, cereal, noodles and meals in the microwave.
The family has been given food bank vouchers from the school to help provide for the family. But Sarah fears that her and Mohammed may have to sacrifice some meals so the children can eat.
A Birmingham City Council spokesman said that they had replaced the bed and a pest control officer had visited.
A separate statement from the council read: “We are sorry for the distress caused to this family. We have replaced the bed and a pest control officer has carried out an inspection of the room.
“The room has been treated and we will continue to monitor it so standards are maintained. We are working with the tenant to address the other issues in the article and looking at options for accommodating her family.”