Taking a vacation in New Orleans can be fun. There are several tourist attractions in New Orleans that visitors should see during their stay in the city. The city has enough tourist attractions to keep you spellbound throughout your stay. Depending on your schedule and what may interest you, New Orleans has you covered throughout your short stay.
Certain things to see in New Orleans in one day are:
- Have a Yoga at the Cabildo, then have a cruise at the Louisiana State Museum.
- Take the morning food at Café Beignet, then take a Royal Street gallery walk.
- Bike around the French Quarter.
- Lunch at Cochon Butcher or Carmo.
- Charles Streetcar ride.
- Magazine Street shopping.
- Dinner at Port Of Call.
- Palace Market.
- The Burlesque show.
- Late Night Eats: Verti Marte.
indoor activities in New Orleans
Some people may find indoor activities interesting, New Orleans is one of the cities in the United States that has a variety of options to pick from. Sometimes, New Orleans can harsh in terms of weather, and the best way to enjoy stay in this lovely city is to stay indoors. Some of the indoor activities in New Orleans that can make your experience worthwhile are:
- Visiting a Museum: you can never learn too much.
- Attend a Cooking Class.
- Give yourself a nice, sweet treat to dazzle up your stay.
- Go shopping and buy yourself cool stuff.
- Hit the casino.
- Check-in a cinema and see your favorite movie.
- Go to zoo or reserves and see Wildlife.
- Relieve tension at a spa of your preference.
- Take a stroll around at The Mardi Gras World.
- Play a round of Clue Carre.
- Stay Active.
- Have a Taste of The NOLA Food Markets.
- Tour a local brewery/distillery.
- Go to Gym and Get Fit.
- Relish an evening at the theater.
As a visitor especially if you’re coming from or hold a visa passport from any of the Visa Waiver Program countries there may be a need to be holding or apply for esta authorization. Having an esta visa comes with its advantages. To continue to enjoy these advantages it would be ideal if you would want to know how long is an esta valid for, before expiration.
Typically, an Esta authorization is valid for two years after its approval. Or in some cases, if the passport you used during its application got expired, the validity of that Esta too would be expired. Also, note that you don’t need to apply for another esta until its validity got expired, either after two years following the approval or after the expiration of your passport.
Following your Esta application, there may be a need to conduct an esta application check to know if your application has been approved, rejected, or still under review. Generally, the esta application takes a maximum of full 72 hours before a final decision is taken. Hence, immediately after your esta application, your application status shows “pending,” this implies that your application is still under review. Within the subsequent 72 hours, your Esta application can therefore be authorized or rejected based on the information supplied during your application. You can perform your esta application check at any point in time by quickly visiting the website and supply the needed information. The information needed is usually your application number or email address. After the submission of your information, you will quickly get a reply on the status of your esta application.
Best museums in New Orleans
Asides from enjoying indoor activities in the city of New Orleans, a visitor or anybody who fancies history and culture could take a walk to some of the best museums in New Orleans to soak up some more culture. These homes of culture and history have some of the best historical artifacts to offer visitors for viewing. You can check some of these museums out:
- Ogden Museum of Southern Art.
- New Orleans Pharmacy Museum.
- New Orleans Museum of Art.
- The National WWII Museum.
- Backstreet Cultural Museum.
- The Historic New Orleans Collection.
- The Cabildo.
- Old Ursuline Convent Museum.
- The Museum of Death.
Hotels AROUND New Orleans city park
If you’re planning to stay a night or two in the city of New Orleans particularly near the city park, there are some of the excellent hotels near New Orleans city park you may want to check out and stay. They all offer conducive environments and at relatively affordable prices. Most of them are a fair distance from the New Orleans City Park, but nothing to be daunted by.
A few of these excellent hotels are:
- Drifter Hotel New Orleans: located at about 1.9 miles from New Orleans City Park at 3522 Tulane Avenue, LA.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Downtown New Orleans.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Downtown New Orleans.
- French Quarter Suites Hotel New Orleans.
New Orleans Courtyard Hotel.